Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Removing the Trim and Paneling

It was time again to embark on a home improvement project of epic proportions. The task before me was to perform demolition work on the main floor's guest bedroom so as to expose the bare studs and then update the lair with insulation, a new window, and drywall.

I began on Saturday by cleaning out the contents of the room. Tuesday evening after supper, things started happening. I started by removing all the outlets and switch plates, then proceeded to take down all the ceiling tiles. With the help of a pal, I removed all the trim and paneling and exposed the previously disguised pink plaster.


Unfortunately, as you can see below, I forgot once again to take a "before" picture until I had already removed the ceiling tiles.



As I type, the demolition is well underway and the room is quite pink... a little too pink for my liking. That is all about to change however, because tonight I will begin the dirty task if tearing out the putrid pink plaster (say that 10 times fast).






1 comment:

L Anna said...

I think you should leave the walls that color for Audrey!